THE RETURN OF THE POET
My body's like a violin.
Plays Satan's song, sings Devil's sin.
Reaps groiny pains
Whines sultry grace.
As high pitch wanes
Bends each note's face.
My body's like a Black Guitar
I'm Nuby-sexy, Mahogany Star!
Twangs easy south through bluesy mouth.
I'll strum your soul aglow
And stroke you like arpeggio.
My body's like a sterling harp.
Heaven can't ignore my touch is sharp.
Their preachers hush,
Winged bodies flush,
And choirs calm.
Take breath as I thrum my psalm.
Image courtesy of Softlight Studios
FICTION & POETRY ARCHIVE
- At Witz End
- Goddamn Lonely Love: M. Ward, Lucinda Williams, and Jason Isbell
- Bow Wow Wow! - Mighty Doglude
- My Love Re-explodes: The Dukes of Stratosphear return
- Radio Mania: File Under Section 15
- Aural Dream Door; Debussy's Pelleas et Melisande
- And they were into music, for real: The Story of Slint
- Hot Ginger's 5 Alternative Xmas Swing Tunes
- Magic, Egypt, and Sting - Books of the Year
- FRIEZE 2011 - The Yes and the No