publisher, lamontpaul is currently producing a collection of outsideleft's anti-travel stories for the SideCartel, with a downloadable mumbled word version accompanied by understated musical fabulists, the frozen plastic
Tav Falco and the Panther Burns have been long time favorites of these pages, oh maybe since the release of Behind The Magnolia Curtain, in 1981. And who could easily forget those nights at the Harlesden Mean Fiddler?
Initially from Memphis, Tav Falco has been operating more out of Paris since the 90s. Tearing up that town.
Your next chance to see the incomporable Panther Burns live is in Italy when they appear at STRADE BLU Festival, Tredozio, on July 31, 2008. The music is ageless and Tav Falco seems somehow Timeless. Here's your chance to not merely learn how to dress like Tav Falco... No! To actually live like Tav Falco! (Get ready for the rush, used Norton motorcyle dealers!)
1) What was the last electrical appliance you bought?
- Air Conditioner.
2) How many shoes do you own?
- 33 pairs.
3) Thinking about only what you are wearing now and including your watch, jewellery and glasses if you wear them, how much would it cost me to get dressed up just like you? And where would I have to go to get the look?
- Skull ring. Nikel plated. 50 cents. Chewing gum machine, Memphis.
- Silver chain bracelet. 25 euros. Jewelier, Monpellier, France.
- Eyeglasses. 150 euros. RayBan, Paris.
- White & Black Rock n Roll shoes, 57 euros, Italy.
- Shiny bronze-glanz Merck suit, 200 euros, London.
- Black & White shirt, Zara shirt, 55 euros, Vienna.
- Vintage bronze & black neck tie, $6, Memphis.
- Stream Line train locomotive cuff-links, $20, New York.
4) What are you going to be eating for dinner tonight?
- Coconut Thai curry.
5) What is the most amount you have ever spent on a bottle of wine or other alcoholic beverage and when and where was it?
- That was 37 euros for two glasses of Champagne at the Hotel Ritz, Place Vendome, Paris.
6) What and where is your favourite shop?
- Rue Saint Denis, 11St./Ave.B, New York.
7) How do you get around town?
- Norton motorcycle.
8) Where is your favourite place to holiday?
Lago Lugano, Italy.
Find out more about Tav Falco and the Panther Burns, here
Main Photo: Lisa Roze
Outsideleft's publisher, Lamontpaul is also the web designer for this and many other fine web sites (check out his other designs at webdab). He has done other things too, notably leading disabusive orange county punk rock revisionists 'Ron & Nancy' to no success, in the 90s. "We were a musical success," he maintains, "in the end we sounded precisely like I wanted us to sound. That was the struggle." Around the same time he edited the bands' internationally distributed fanzine, 'The World of...' As a writer he contributed a series of articles about bullet ridden eateries, 'Breakfast In America', to the now defunct 'Him' magazine. Once described by Captain Sensible of the Damned as being more interesting than Rod Stewart. Lamont is known for his hasty gravestone etchings published in the UK by 'Trouble'. Of outsideleft, he says "It's surprisingly easy to be better than almost everything else."