Tav Falco and the Panther Burns have been long time favorites of these pages, oh maybe since the release of Behind The Magnolia Curtain, in 1981. And who could easily forget those nights at the Harlesden Mean Fiddler?
Initially from Memphis, Tav Falco has been operating more out of Paris since the 90s. Tearing up that town.
Your next chance to see the incomporable Panther Burns live is in Italy when they appear at STRADE BLU Festival, Tredozio, on July 31, 2008. The music is ageless and Tav Falco seems somehow Timeless. Here's your chance to not merely learn how to dress like Tav Falco... No! To actually live like Tav Falco! (Get ready for the rush, used Norton motorcyle dealers!)
1) What was the last electrical appliance you bought?
- Air Conditioner.
2) How many shoes do you own?
- 33 pairs.
3) Thinking about only what you are wearing now and including your watch, jewellery and glasses if you wear them, how much would it cost me to get dressed up just like you? And where would I have to go to get the look?
- Skull ring. Nikel plated. 50 cents. Chewing gum machine, Memphis.
- Silver chain bracelet. 25 euros. Jewelier, Monpellier, France.
- Eyeglasses. 150 euros. RayBan, Paris.
- White & Black Rock n Roll shoes, 57 euros, Italy.
- Shiny bronze-glanz Merck suit, 200 euros, London.
- Black & White shirt, Zara shirt, 55 euros, Vienna.
- Vintage bronze & black neck tie, $6, Memphis.
- Stream Line train locomotive cuff-links, $20, New York.
4) What are you going to be eating for dinner tonight?
- Coconut Thai curry.
5) What is the most amount you have ever spent on a bottle of wine or other alcoholic beverage and when and where was it?
- That was 37 euros for two glasses of Champagne at the Hotel Ritz, Place Vendome, Paris.
6) What and where is your favourite shop?
- Rue Saint Denis, 11St./Ave.B, New York.
7) How do you get around town?
- Norton motorcycle.
8) Where is your favourite place to holiday?
Lago Lugano, Italy.
Find out more about Tav Falco and the Panther Burns, here
Main Photo: Lisa Roze
dec 1st Steven T Hanley ⇒
dec 2nd Anthony Reynolds ⇒
dec 3rd Monde UFO ⇒
dec 4th Iain Forsyth & Jane Pollard ⇒
dec 5th Alison Cotton ⇒
dec 6th Momus
dec 7th Stephen Coates
dec 8th Songe Riddle
dec 9th K Pontuti
dec 10th Ancient Champion
dec 11th Robert Wringham
dec 12th RM Francis
dec 13th Cara Tivey
dec 14th Kurt Uenala
dec 15th Jacqui
dec 16th Pauline
dec 17th Dan Scrivener
dec 18th + tba
dec 25th - jan5 Tav Falco's 12 Days of Xmas
Outsideleft exists on a precarious no budget budget. We are interested in hearing from deep and deeper pocket types willing to underwrite our cultural vulture activity. We're not so interested in plastering your product all over our stories, but something more subtle and dignified for all parties concerned. Contact us and let's talk. [HELP OUTSIDELEFT]
If Outsideleft had arms they would always be wide open and welcoming to new writers and new ideas. If you've got something to say, something a small dank corner of the world needs to know about, a poem to publish, a book review, a short story, if you love music or the arts or anything else, write something about it and send it along. Of course we don't have anything as conformist as a budget here. But we'd love to see what you can do. Write for Outsideleft, do. [SUBMISSIONS FORM HERE]