by LamontPaul Founder & Publisher
first published: December, 2017
Thierry Barthole. He's number one.
What a thrilling top 20 story list for 2017. Half of the top ten are written principally in French, often with an English translation - thanks to Guilaine. Last year Greta Alfaro's Greta the Great proved most popular. In 2017, Greta again made the top ten, and we really do love her work, but the top spot went to Guilaine's story about Haitian artist, Thierry Barthole. Christian Present made his presence felt as a writer with three stories in the top 10. Meanwhile Jason rehablilitated Laraaji, Momus and the Blue Aeroplanes in one year. Quite an accomplishment.
- Un voyage dans l'univers de l'artiste Thierry Barthole by Guilaine Arts
En quête de perfection?
- That is Transvision by Guilaine Arts
Arts group The Smartest Project's Haitian Art pop up gallery show, Transvision, is a Voyage into The Visionary World of Haitian Art
- Au coeur d'une rencontre avec Mamou Orsinet Florimond by Christian Present
"Je vis et respire le Bèlè"
- Kahlo, Van Gogh, Beaudelaire, Toi et Moi by Christian Present
Christian Present: Naturel et Pluriel
- My Art is Made of Wood by LamontPaul
Sculptor and furniture designer Chantal Pitts creates giant sculptured wooden art as furniture, and furniture as art. Who knows what she will do next...
- Where Are We Now??? In Search of Momus by Jason Lewis
Jason Lewis heads out in search of the long and seemingly, but then not at all after all, lost, Momus
- Greta Alfaro: El cataclismo nos alcanzara impavidos by Lee Paul
SCAN in London presents the video series The Looking Glass. The first episode features Greta Alfaro's El cataclismo nos alcanzará impávidos
- Walker Brigade by LamontPaul
Los Angeles' retro art punks rock their debut LP the Therapy Animal
- A Small Part of the World According To Momus by Jason Lewis
Jason Lewis draws back the veil, a little, on the enigma that is the prolifically eclectic, Momus
- Christian Present: Le verbe ne se plaint pas du vide by Guilaine Arts
En quete d'un Moi en proie aux exterieurs de la nature
- L'amour by Christian Present
Je t'aime mais dois-je t'aimer?
- Wild Ponies are the Best Thing They Put in the Library Since the Books by LamontPaul
Nashville's Wild Ponies get off the beaten track and end up at the Thimblemill Library in Bearwood
- Picture This #2: Joe Baiza by Hamilton High
Joe Baiza photographed by street photographer Deb Frazin at Cafe Nela
- Laraaji: The Way Out is Still The Way In by Jason Lewis
Jason hears Bring on the Sun/Sun Gong and his life changes again
- Nathalie Durand: La Melodie de L'ile Rouge by Christian Present
Christian Present de outsideleft nous presente la superstar du jazz Nathalie Durand (english translation by Guilaine A)
- Welcome Strangers! The Blue Aeroplanes Take Off by Jason Lewis
Jason crawls out of his sick bed to deliver his belated Blue Aeroplanes review.....
- Tinariwen's Glee by Jason Lewis
Tinariwen live at the Glee Club in Birmingham
- Big Loss: William Onyeabor by LamontPaul
Idiosyncratic Nigerian musician, William Onyeabor is gone.
- Roots, Culture, Identity Art Exhibition by LamontPaul
The Roots, Culture, Identity art exhibition is at the TUC Marble Hall
- Allen Ravenstine: Terminal Drive and Other Stories by Ancient Champion
Allen Ravenstine, the man, the myth, the legendary original synthesizer person with Cleveland's uber influential Pere Ubu, has unearthed lost gems and incredible new music for Smog Veil records
Watch out 2018, here we come!