Artist Shezad Dawood is the latest participant in our ongoing survey of celebrity shopping habits. His new show is the current work in a year long project of artist interventions in a Victorian house in Knightsbridge.
Using elements of Bollywood, revolutionary theatre, cowboy films and low budget thrillers the show is a mix of installation and live art event. When he had finished putting the finishing touches to his indoor jungle lair Shezad let us in on his shopping habits.
1) What was the last electrical appliance you bought?
2) How many shoes do you own?
13, including tai chi shoes and pointy ali baba slip-ons.
3) Thinking about only what you are wearing now and including your watch, jewellery and glasses if you wear them, how much would it cost me to get dressed up just like you? And where would I have to go to get the look
¬£32 - Colaba Junction, Mumbai (best shirts in town at ¬£1 each), last day of the Harrods sale (for seriously underpriced Saville Row jeans at ¬£25). And M&S for socks/boxers (the old habits are the hardest to break).
4) What are you going to be eating for dinner tonight?
5) What is the most amount you have ever spent on a bottle of wine or other alcoholic beverage and when and where was it?
¬£60 on a bottle of champagne in 1998, before drinking it warm with some unsavoury characters.
6) What and where is your favourite shop?
Borders bookshops everywhere, for comfy leather armchairs, and because it's actually a reading room not a shop, and so provides a public service.
7) How do you get around town?
8) Where is your favourite place to holiday?
Anywhere where the air is a bit fresher than London.
Info on the current project is here http://www.artistsstudio.org/