I am not sure why so many of the people we've been bringing you in this series have come from the street art/ graffiti end of the spectrum. Maybe because they are doing some of the most interesting work right now. Nick Walker came out of the early 1980s Bristol graffiti scene and has continually evolved his style using hand-cut stencils and freehand painting. His work, often witty variations on the Mona Lisa or his own space-monkey character Apish Angel, have appeared in the streets and in galleries across the world as well as in the movies Judge Dredd and Eyes Wide Shut. On the eve of his new exhibition we give you our latest Happy Shopper - Nick Walker.
1) What was the last electrical appliance you bought?
A speaker system for my I Pod.
2) How many shoes do you own?
One - probably around 20 pairs of trainers though.
3) Thinking about only what you are wearing now and including your watch, jewellery and glasses if you wear them, how much would it cost me to get dressed up just like you? And where would I have to go to get the look?
Everything I'm wearing I got given - or blagged one way or another - seek & you will find. If I had to add it up I guess around ¬£200.
4) What are you going to be eating for dinner tonight?
5) What is the most amount you have ever spent on a bottle of wine or other alcoholic beverage and when and where was it?
£22 bottle of champagne - Asda last year.
6) What and where is your favourite shop?
Dolores California gourmet burritos & coffee shop Rosa-Luxemburg-str7 Berlin Mitte.
7) How do you get around town?
Walk - drive.
8) Where is your favourite place to holiday?
St Ives Cornwall
Nick Walker is showing at The Park Bar Bristol in early December. More info can be found here.