Edwyn Collins has been our favorite entertainer since the time he sold his stamp collection and bought his first Burns guitar. He is currently continuing his incredible recovery from a serious brain haemorrhage two years ago. This year he will release a new album, Home Again, recorded before his illness and mixed by him and Seb, his engineer and working partner, this past autumn. He has also just begun singing again with his band.
1) What was the last electrical appliance you bought?
2) How many shoes do you own?
About 20 pairs
3) Thinking about only what you are wearing now and including your watch, jewellery and glasses if you wear them, how much would it cost me to get dressed up just like you? And where would I have to go to get the look
¬£550. That includes my vintage Heuer watch which is ¬£400. Charity shops, internet, normal places.
4) What are you going to be eating for dinner tonight?
Shepherds Pie and green beans.
5) What is the most amount you have ever spent on a bottle of wine or other alcoholic beverage and when and where was it?
Bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape at the Savoy Grill, London. My first birthday after hospital. A real celebration. Don't know what it cost and don't care.
6) What and where is your favourite shop?
Heals, Tottenham Court Road.
7) How do you get around town?
With difficulty. I use my stick.
8) Where is your favourite place to holiday?
For more information about just what Edwyn Collins is doing next visit his website www.edwyncollins.com and to hear some great unreleased songs and a few already released ones too, go to his myspace page.
photo by william, thanks.